Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Abró Los Ojos...

Apparently I ain’t shit…

According to the repeated
phrase continuously said by the defeated
female persuasion, I needed,
along with all other males, to be treated
like fecal matter seceded...

Was I the one that hit and quit it
movin’ on without a thought
or a whim, unafraid to get caught
up in the imminent drama sought
by the sister/cousin/brother/mother brought
into the situation by the scorned
woman whose heart was worn
on her sleeve? No.
Yet the stamp of disapproval awaits
me before I even get my words straight
to introduce myself, let alone make
my attempt at the request for a date...

See,
I’m the type of fellow who opens doors
and considers your feelings before
his own, who isn’t looking for more
whenever his duckets cover the bill, or
encouraging the bartender to pour
you into my bedroom door...
You think my kind only explore
the pages of a child’s folklore,
and it’s true we are a dying breed,
but I stand tall for my fellow steed
in announcing our need
for that special mare...

See,
I’m not that brother standing in the corridor
with the fresh kicks, promising Dior
and monetary possessions galore
not knocking if that's what you aim for
it’s all good, but be prepared to pour
yourself a glass of what you abhor...
because with the kicks come kicks
black eyes, bruises, stones and sticks
and words can hurt rather quick
Many a treat has been a trick
whether its mental or physical nicks
what glitters isn’t always gold...

See,
you won’t begin to realize
the difference between real and disguise
Until you open your pretty brown eyes
and see that this caterpillar flies...

...until then,
I ain’t shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment