Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Subconscious

Submerged in the ocean
of my subconscious she lives
gracefully floating
around unsubmissive
filling my spirit with hope
and removing the pensive
thoughts and fears of my existence,
removing the sensitive
curtains of the past tense
draping my soul with
a celebration to commence
the idea of the ultimate emotion...

Convinced she's the air
to my ailing lung I reach
for her essence
only to find myself beseech
an ambiguous vision
on a fallacious beach
buried deep in my
subliminal thoughts
Inquiring
what on earth brought
me to this daydream...

But then I realize
that the fairy tale I painted
on the canvas that lies
on the easel of my tainted
reality is a disguise
for my repressed anguish
stemming from the eyes
of a wounded soul with
a need for her...

Will my paintbrush ever reveal
the curve of her smile
or will it continue to conceal
her identity from me
The longer the canvas sits vacant
I can only continue to sink
further into my subconscious
where we can be one again...

No comments:

Post a Comment